Re: Test and documentation tasks at end of iteration

  • frede_swe
    Message 1 of 114 , Sep 6 2:14 PM
      This approach goes against the idea that everything included to complete an item should be done within the sprint. code, docs, tests etc. If I disregard that rule I could just as well wait with test and documentation to the last iteration... 8-)
      I don't have requirements spec. writing in the iterations either. To me that's a work for the PO when working with the product backlog and should not be in a sprint as it does not add any value to the product.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth Smith" <ksmith1833@...> wrote:

      > Try moving your testing and documentation to iteration n+1, it's the same concept as requirements for the current iteration's development is in n-1.
      >
      > Ken

    • Johanna Rothman
      Message 114 of 114 , Sep 15 3:37 AM
        Capers has data that says by the 6 month mark more than 80% of the requirements change. I think this is from the _Assessments of Software Risks..._ book.

        Johanna

        On Sep 15, 2011, at 3:14 AM, Keith Ray wrote:

        Even waterfall projects that attempted to "fix" requirements had 20% of the requirements change every quarter. (Capers-Jones?)

        C. Keith Ray

        Amplify Your Agility
        Coaching | Training | Assessment | eLearning
        http://industriallogic.com

        On Sep 14, 2011, at 11:21 PM, Michael James <mj4scrum@...> wrote:

        > On Sep 12, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Lisa Sawyer wrote:
        >
        >> If I know that 85% is going to change between now and Beta, my time is better spent in other areas than to redo everything every week. If there is 15% change, then I have no problem.
        >
        > By the time a typical product is truly fit for use, nearly all of it will have been reworked at least once. I'm thinking this will only increase as users come to expect better fitting products.
        >
        > --mj
        > http://ScrumTrainingSeries.com

        Rothman Consulting Group, Inc.     781-641-4046

        Speaker, Author, Consultant - Managing Product Development

        http://www.ayeconference.com, Oct 30-Nov 3, 2011

        New: Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects