AgileDC 2011 - Last Chance for Early Bird Pricing

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30 6:16 PM
      Early bird pricing ends 8/31/2011

      We are excited to have a full schedule and 2 great keynote speakers:

      - Ken Schwaber - Author and co-founder of SCRUM
      - Sanjiv Augustine - Author and co-founder of LitheSpeed

      AgileDC 2011 is the largest Agile community organized event in the Washington DC metro area. We bring together Agile thought-leaders and practitioners from government agencies and private industries alike.

      Register at http://AgileDC.org
      Get 15% off by using the code: AgileDCUserGroup

      Hope to see you there

      Bob Payne
    • Gabriel Taz
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30 6:38 PM
        Hi everyone,

        The Scrum Master needs to know about the product or only put focus in the process. I understand that is not necesary that he / she needs knowledge about the product, but I want confirm this. If the answer is "yes", what is the level of the knowledge that he/she needs to have?

        Thanks
      • RonJeffries
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
          Hello Gabriel,

          On Aug 30, 2011, at 9:38 PM, Gabriel Taz wrote:

          The Scrum Master needs to know about the product or only put focus in the process. I understand that is not necesary that he / she needs knowledge about the product, but I want confirm this. If the answer is "yes", what is the level of the knowledge that he/she needs to have?

          Seems to me that more knowledge is always better ...

          Yin and Yang I figure.
            -- Tom Jeffries

        • Mark Levison
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
            On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 9:10 AM, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

            The Scrum Master needs to know about the product or only put focus in the process. I understand that is not necesary that he / she needs knowledge about the product, but I want confirm this. If the answer is "yes", what is the level of the knowledge that he/she needs to have?

            Seems to me that more knowledge is always better ...

            While more knowledge is always better, I've seen some excellent ScrumMasters start off with no knowledge of the product. They just need to be mindful of what they don't know and respectful of the history (i.e. why certain decisions were taken).

            In the end I would I choose a ScrumMaster for the qualities of their personal skills over their product knowledge.

             Cheers

            Mark Levison

            MarkMark Levison | Agile Pain Relief Consulting | Certified Scrum Trainer
            Agile Editor @ InfoQ | Blog | Twitter | Office: (613) 862-2538
            Recent Entries:
            Story Slicing How Small is Small Enough, Why use an Agile Coach

          • gopinath
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
              Agree with both Ron and Mark.
              I may add that while a knowledge of the product is not mandatory to begin with it will be in the greater interest of the ScrumMaster and also the Team if the ScrumMaster makes a sincere attempt to increase his level of knowledge as the Sprints go by. They can get themselves familiarized with the concepts of the Product Concepts, the domain it operates, some technical jargons etc.
              Development team will gel with you better if you show interest in the technical work they do.

              Gopinath
              http://in.linkedin.com/in/gopinathr