FW: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum and Business Analysts

  • Mike Beedle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2004
      Ron Jeffries [mailto:ronjeffries@...] wrote:
      >For the record: I am not acknowledging plariarism in XP's Planning Game
      >(nor am I asserting it in XBreed). I think the entire topic of plagiarism
      >is bogus, divisive, unproductive and wrong.

      Ron,

      Didn't you say that a reference to Scrum should have been provided in the
      first XP book? Or, should I go back and quote your posting from yesterday?
      I am hoping your memory is still fresh but here it is anyhow:

      Ron Jeffries wrote yesterday:
      "I agree that a reference to Scrum would have been nice to have in
      the White book, ... "

      For the records, lack of known references to previous art, as in the list
      that I provided, constitutes plagiarism. You know, I admire Kent Beck for
      having the cojones to admit he did "steal" (his words), Scrum. He was smart
      enough to steal it, and honest enough to admit it.

      Ron Jeffries [mailto:ronjeffries@...] wrote:
      >My sole mission in entering the Scrum != XP topic was to point out that
      >there is but one elephant here. It is not productive to choose practices
      >based on whether or not they are part of Scrum or XP or Crystal.

      No, open your eyes, there is a zoo out there. We have more than "one big
      white XP-like-elephant". We like to innovate, to be different and to
      contribute. We don't want to be absorbed by a "XP-like Unified Agile
      Method", yuck!!!!

      Now, all we need is a multi-billion dollar vendor to take over it....

      Ron Jeffries [mailto:ronjeffries@...] wrote:
      >As for plagiarism,
      >
      >  "Not only does I deny the allegation, I denies the alligator".

      Well, the alligator you just denied has come back to bite you,

      - Mike