Re: [scrumdevelopment] Who should remove a team member from the team?

  • Joshua Partogi
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2011
      Thanks Ron,

      That is a very succint answers. Very much appreciated.

      Kind regards,
      Joshua.

      On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      Hello Joshua,

      On Aug 17, 2011, at 5:39 AM, Joshua Partogi wrote:

      Some people told me that in a self organizing team, it should be the team that remove him/her.

      I should think that the team would be making that decision, yes. They may not have the power  authority to implement it.

      But if that is the truth, what the heck is the Scrum Master doing? Shouldn't he/she empower that team member so he/she does not become an impediment to the team?

      I would expect the ScrumMaster, and the whole team, to be doing everything possible to help the member become productive. This is not always possible.

      In a more traditional organization, I guess it's pretty obvious that it is the higher level manager that remove a team member.

      The actual doing generally requires at least one, and often more, levels of management action to implement.

      --
      @jpartogi