Re: [scrumdevelopment] combing PO and SM roles

  • Dan Rawsthorne
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 13, 2011
      Thanks for buying the book. I was really pleased with the fact that they agreed to write Forewords, and even happier with their words. The paperback is actually available, though it hasn't made it to the main Amazon site yet. I have ordered one as a final test. When I get it I'll publish the CreateSpace link here, and I'm thinking about having a small discount ($2, maybe) for people who order it through that link. My hope is that you guys will read it and give me some reviews on Amazon once it gets there.  Dan  ;-)

      On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:40 PM, <jean@...> wrote:

      Thanks, Dan. Bought your book on Kindle this afternoon. Great set of folks writing preface material.

      From: Dan Rawsthorne <dan.rawsthorne@...>
      Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:32:26 -0700
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] combing PO and SM roles

      I also can't respond to the survey, even though I have combined the two roles. It seems impossible for me to explain the notion that they should only be combined (if at all) during Storming, when the SM is in training mode (not really facilitating), so the 'PM as inhibitor of self-organization' is not yet relevant. This is a very interesting topic... but the simple answer is "just say no (if you can)"

      Dan  ;-)

      On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Alan Dayley <alandd@...> wrote:

      This survey excludes input from those of us who have not ever combined the Product Owner and ScrumMaster roles.  Perhaps that is by design.

      I cannot, therefore, participate in the survey though I'm interested in the results.

      Alan

      On Jul 21, 2011, at 6:04 PM, "Jean Richardson" <jean@...> wrote:

      I have been doing research on this topic and came across some very helpful info in the list archives.  However, the most promising thread died without getting to the specifics I was looking for.  Therefore, I’ve set up a 10-question survey to gather that info. One of those questions is  a request for your email address if you would like to receive access to the results.

      Click this link to get to the survey:  http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22CRJ4GG8US/

      I have room for 100 responders so will close the survey at that point or Sunday night after 7p Pacific time.

      I’m considering cross-posting this to the Agile PM list, so if you subscribe there, you may see this survey posted there, as well.

        --- Jean