Re: [scrumdevelopment] Think waterfall is dead?

  • Malcolm Anderson
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 31, 2011
      Joshua

      There is no correlation with Scrum.

      A few years ago Gartner came out and confirmed that CIOs who report to the CEO have a better chance to use the IT department to increase revenues rather than just cut costs.

      My opinion is that a new CS graduate, having the opportunity to work on projects that can increase the bottom line will do more for that persons career than just working on cost cutting will.

      --

      Malcolm Anderson
      Scrum Coach & Agile Engineer

      On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Joshua Partogi <joshua.java@...> wrote:

      Malcolm,

      I am interested to hear your opinion regarding the differences between reporting to CEO and CFO. What's the correlation with Scrum?

      On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Malcolm Anderson <malcolm.b.anderson@...> wrote:

      The only advice I would give to a new CS graduate is

      1. Make sure that in the companies you apply to, the CIO/CTO report to the CEO *not* the CFO

      --
      Kind Regards,

      Joshua Partogi
      Principal Consultant
      ScrumWay.Co - Scrum and Agile Consulting and Training
      @scrumway

    • Michael James
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 1, 2011
        On Jul 31, 2011, at 2:46 PM, Steven Gojanovich wrote:

        > Thank you for the link. Is there a link after this module is complete? or a site I can go to?

        Here are two more modules that will be in beta test for another few days. If anyone has feedback, or thinks they'd use something like this with their clients, please write to me offline.

        Backlog Refinement Meeting: http://goo.gl/pjtv7
        Sprint Planning Meeting: http://goo.gl/9YEXm

        --mj