Wendall Castle's 10 adopted Rules of thumb

  • mike.dwyer1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2004
      My brother in law introduced me to Wendell and his rules a while ago.  I hope they serve you well too.

      1.  If you are in love with an idea you are no judge its beauty or value.
      2. It is difficult to see the whole picture if you are inside the frame.
      3. After learning the tricks of the trade, don't think you know the trade.
      4. We here and apprehend what we already know.
      5. The dog who stays on the porch will find no bone.
      6. Never state a proble to yourself in the same terms it was brought to you.
      7. If it's offbeat or surprising it's probably useful.
      8.If you do not expect the unexpected, you will not find it.
      9. Don't get too serious.
      10. If you hit the bulls-eye everytime, the target is too close.

      If you are curious as to what Wendell is about:

      --
      Mike Dwyer

      "I Keep six faithful serving-men
      Who serve me well and true: