Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Is Facebook a Scrum Shop?

  • Craig Davidson
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 11, 2011
      Hi Jens,

      Interesting conclusion, do you see many parallels between the NNPDG and K&J Scrum?

      Cheers,

      Craig

      On 8 July 2011 21:37, jens.meydam <jens.meydam@...> wrote:

      A few days ago I gave a presentation on this topic.

      http://www.slideshare.net/jmeydam/facebook-and-scrum

      Preliminary conclusion: The development process at Facebook has striking parallels to Scrum as described by Takeuchi and Nonaka. (Parallels to "prescriptive Scrum": not so much.)

      What are your thoughts on this?

      Cheers,

      Jens

      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 11, 2011
        Hello, Michael. On Monday, July 11, 2011, at 2:53:28 AM, you
        wrote:

        > Ron, I still haven't met any CSTs who claim Scrum is the only way
        > to be agile, or that agility is more important than effectiveness.
        > If you haven't either, it would be gracious of you to lay off the unkind words.

        It would be, yes. Thanks for the observation.

        I do wonder, though, what causes so many people to believe what none
        of us are teaching. I really do wonder.