Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Is Facebook a Scrum Shop?

  • Michael James
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 11 12:53 AM
      On Jul 9, 2011, at 4:57 AM, Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > Hello, Bachan. On Saturday, July 9, 2011, at 2:08:22 AM, you
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Very interested in knowing who those CSTs .
      >
      > Mere sarcasm, Bachan. You may rest easy.

      Ron, I still haven't met any CSTs who claim Scrum is the only way to be agile, or that agility is more important than effectiveness. If you haven't either, it would be gracious of you to lay off the unkind words.

      --mj
    • Craig Davidson
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 11 1:42 AM
        Hi Jens,

        Interesting conclusion, do you see many parallels between the NNPDG and K&J Scrum?

        Cheers,

        Craig

        On 8 July 2011 21:37, jens.meydam <jens.meydam@...> wrote:

        A few days ago I gave a presentation on this topic.

        http://www.slideshare.net/jmeydam/facebook-and-scrum

        Preliminary conclusion: The development process at Facebook has striking parallels to Scrum as described by Takeuchi and Nonaka. (Parallels to "prescriptive Scrum": not so much.)

        What are your thoughts on this?

        Cheers,

        Jens

        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 11 3:59 AM
          Hello, Michael. On Monday, July 11, 2011, at 2:53:28 AM, you
          wrote:

          > Ron, I still haven't met any CSTs who claim Scrum is the only way
          > to be agile, or that agility is more important than effectiveness.
          > If you haven't either, it would be gracious of you to lay off the unkind words.

          It would be, yes. Thanks for the observation.

          I do wonder, though, what causes so many people to believe what none
          of us are teaching. I really do wonder.