Re: Is Facebook a Scrum Shop?

  • jens.meydam
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 9, 2011
      A bit off-topic, but have a look at those charts by Kent Beck (currently working for Facebook, by the way): Frequent deployment is still far from being mainstream.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIkUWG5ACFY&feature=youtu.be
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 9, 2011
        Hello, Bachan. On Saturday, July 9, 2011, at 2:08:22 AM, you
        wrote:

        > Very interested in knowing who those CSTs .

        Mere sarcasm, Bachan. You may rest easy.

        Hope is not a strategy. -- Michael Henos
      • Michael James
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 11, 2011
          On Jul 9, 2011, at 4:57 AM, Ron Jeffries wrote:

          > Hello, Bachan. On Saturday, July 9, 2011, at 2:08:22 AM, you
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Very interested in knowing who those CSTs .
          >
          > Mere sarcasm, Bachan. You may rest easy.

          Ron, I still haven't met any CSTs who claim Scrum is the only way to be agile, or that agility is more important than effectiveness. If you haven't either, it would be gracious of you to lay off the unkind words.

          --mj
        • Craig Davidson
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 11, 2011
            Hi Jens,

            Interesting conclusion, do you see many parallels between the NNPDG and K&J Scrum?

            Cheers,

            Craig

            On 8 July 2011 21:37, jens.meydam <jens.meydam@...> wrote:

            A few days ago I gave a presentation on this topic.

            http://www.slideshare.net/jmeydam/facebook-and-scrum

            Preliminary conclusion: The development process at Facebook has striking parallels to Scrum as described by Takeuchi and Nonaka. (Parallels to "prescriptive Scrum": not so much.)

            What are your thoughts on this?

            Cheers,

            Jens

            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 11, 2011
              Hello, Michael. On Monday, July 11, 2011, at 2:53:28 AM, you
              wrote:

              > Ron, I still haven't met any CSTs who claim Scrum is the only way
              > to be agile, or that agility is more important than effectiveness.
              > If you haven't either, it would be gracious of you to lay off the unkind words.

              It would be, yes. Thanks for the observation.

              I do wonder, though, what causes so many people to believe what none
              of us are teaching. I really do wonder.