Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Project Manager! Yes, Scrum Project Manager!

  • Don Gray
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2011
      Malcolm,

      > No, you didn't miss anything.

      [Squirrel!] and for those who know me, I occasionally miss things.

      > If I was being cynical I would say:

      The prime question to me asks: Certified by Whom?

      Now I'm not a zealot. But if certifying body (company / group of people)
      doesn't include either or Scrum Alliance or Scrum.org, then you're not
      cynical [in my view].

      In my experience, project managers help me get what the teams need [and
      a lot more]. I appreciate working with them. [and what manager doesn't
      want their team to excel?]

      Did Ken/Jeff/Scrum Alliance created another certification? If not, I
      must defer to being cynical.

      --
      Don Gray (336)414-4645
      http://www.donaldegray.com

      Happiness... is not a destination: it is a manner of traveling.
      Happiness is not an end in itself. It is a by-product of working,
      playing, loving and living.
      Haim Ginott

      Come and work, play, love and learn at the AYE Conference
      AYE: Exploring Human Systems in Action http://www.AYEconference.com
      Oct 30 - Nov 3, 2011
    • George Dinwiddie
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2011
        On 6/29/11 5:14 PM, Malcolm Anderson wrote:

        > Certified Scrum Project Manager?
        >
        > Certified by who?

        It appears that Cape Project Management, Incorporated is, as owner of
        the trademark, the certifier. It appears that Dan Tousignant is the
        instructor of the course, a management consultant at Cape Project
        Management, Incorporated, and a past employee of Guidance Technology,
        the organization giving the course. Dan is still listed as "Training
        Lead" on http://www.guidance-technology.com/company/management-team/ but
        that is marked as a past position on
        http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=14884438&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=6oGM

        At
        http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corp/corpsearch/CorpSearchSummary.asp?ReadFromDB=True&UpdateAllowed=&FEIN=273645321
        Dan Tousignant is listed as Registered Agent, President, Treasurer,
        Secretary and Director of Cape Project Management, Incorporated which
        was incorporated last October.

        From http://tess2.uspto.gov/

        Word Mark SCRUM PROJECT MANAGER

        Goods and Services IC B . US B . G & S: Project management services,
        product development services, product development and design
        consultation, Computer programming and computer system analysis, product
        development, product design, product development consultation, product
        manufacturing consultation, computer software development and computer
        software development management; Providing information in the fields of
        computer programming and computer system analysis, product development,
        product design, product development consultation, product manufacturing
        consultation, computer software development and computer software
        development management. FIRST USE: 20110429. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20110429

        Serial Number 85309500
        Filing Date May 2, 2011

        Owner (APPLICANT) Cape Project Management, Incorporated CORPORATION
        MASSACHUSETTS 12 Remington Lane Plymouth MASSACHUSETTS 02360

        Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "SCRUM" APART
        FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
        Type of Mark CERTIFICATION MARK
        Register PRINCIPAL

        Other Data The certification mark, as used by authorized persons,
        certifies The certification mark, as intended to be used by authorized
        persons, is intended to certify that the person displaying the mark has
        demonstrated qualifications in the use and implementation of specified
        product development processes in accordance with standards established
        by the certifier..

        I wish Dan all the best in his management consulting, but I cannot see
        why people would wish to have this certification other than it has the
        word Certified in the name.

        - George

      • George Dinwiddie
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2011