Re: [scrumdevelopment] Burndown Chart - Clarification Required

  • Malcolm Anderson
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 24, 2011
      Venkatraman

      Your team members are already tracking their hours spent in your payroll system.

      There is a belief that you can get value by giving the team members *detailed* feedback on the difference between their estimate and their actuals.

      If a team member blew their estimate, they will get value out of that difference, it happened, they will remember.

      I have never heard of a company getting any value from the money they spend tracking differences in task estimates.  (hours)

      I have heard of companies getting value from the money the spent tracking differences in project estimates. (months)

      --

      Malcolm Anderson
      Scrum Coach & Agile Engineer

      On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Venkatraman Pattabiraman <venkatraman4u@...> wrote:

      Hi

      Can anybody send some sample burndown charts.

      I use one. I have a clarification:

      I estimate a task for "10" hrs.

      On day 1, Resource works for 6 hours and he enters the remaining hours "4" on day 1.

      On day 2, Resource works for 6 hours to complete the tasks. When he enters the remaining time, he will enter as "0". How do we track the remaining "2" hrs he spent additionally for that task?

      Since in the burndown sheet, we enter only the remaining hours.

      If anybody can throw some light on it, should be great.

      Regards
      Venkatraman.P