Re: [scrumdevelopment] Req: Training Advice for Unemployed

  • Mark Levison
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2011
      DooWopDJ,

      On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 8:53 AM, doowopdj104 <doowopdj104@...> wrote:

      Hello, hello fellow Agilers

      The economic times has found me living off the govt for awhile. Job prospects are difficult and outside of moving they will continue to be tough. While I am reading a few textbooks, I have found that practical experience is more of value to employers. I am interested in discovering some various options that will allow me to 'learn at home' or 'via volunteer work' new skills related to Quality Assurance Agile and/or Automation. Are there FREE applications available that I can obtain to try at my own pace or training programs that are affordable?

      There are many tools you learn - but it depends on what you're trying to achieve (here are some examples):
      Browser Automation: Selenium
      ATDD: RobotFramework, FitNesse, Cucumber

      As for training many CST's offer donation only courses, I assume some Scrum.org trainers do the same thing. But a better question is what problem do you expect the training to help you solve?

      Cheers
      Mark Levison

      MarkMark Levison | Agile Pain Relief Consulting | Certified Scrum Trainer
      Agile Editor @ InfoQ | Blog | Twitter | Office: (613) 862-2538
      Recent Entries:
      Story Slicing How Small is Small Enough, Why use an Agile Coach

      I appreciate your feedback and advice.

      -DooWopDJ