Project Managers FAQ's on Agile

  • Ajeet
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2011
      Project Managers FAQ's on Agile

      Project managers adapting Agile have a series of questions about Agile ways of working. This is my attempt to list and answer a few @ http://agiletreasure.blogspot.com/2011/05/project-managers-faqs-on-agile.html
    • Ajay Rawat
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2011
        Thanks for sharing your views and thoughts, Ajeet.
        I am not sure how many people have actually used EV system of project management. I did use it way ack in early 2000 and really liked it as it gave day to day ststaus fot top management in terms of revenue and profit. However, EV is a top down approach whereas scrum is ottoms up approach. It is good to explore the answers for the basic questions like what value is being delivered even though it may not e simple and straight forward. In case of multiple teams working on separate aspects or unrelated stories may not give clear answer to such questions.
        I am sure that others will have their views and will look forward to their expressions.
        Thanks,
        Ajay Rawat.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2011
          Hello Mr Rawat,

          I agree with you that Scrum is a bottoms up approach. With EV , the team it self could use EV as a measure of what they have accomplished within their sprints. It gives the team another measure to see how they are moving forward to the goal along with the Project burndown.

          -Ajeet