Re: [scrumdevelopment] Sprint Burndown Team Morale Meeting Commitments Question

    Message 1 of 115 , May 4, 2011
      Tara,

      Small correction from my last email
      > If I understand you correctly, based on the burndown, the dev team has
      realized
      > that they probably won't be able to finish an item by sprint
      end, so they want to
      > remove one and return it to the PB.

      Should read:
      If I understand you correctly, based on the burndown, the dev team has realized
      that they probably won't be able to finish *all of the items for the sprint* by sprint
      end, so they want to remove one and return it to the PB.

      -------
      Charles Bradley, CSM, PSM I
      Experienced Scrum Coach

      Message 115 of 115 , May 16, 2011
        Hi,
        I think that what is important is to know your average velocity and estimate taking that into account. In our case we know, by average, that we deliver 70% of what we put in our Sprint Backlog but we keep adding more stories as sometimes the team delivers more than the 70%. The team is not demoralized at the end of the sprint when just 70% is delivered and when we get to 90% is a great sprint. This 30% usually goes on unexpected tasks that are very common in our case.
        In addition the team has some "freedom time" so they can investigate and learn new things that they want. I think this formula is working for us.

        Andoni
        www.iatriple.net