Re: Scrum Guide interpretation - Duration is not considered in Scrum

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 87 , Apr 26 4:18 AM
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Palmer <stephen.palmer@...> wrote:
      > I don't know why but I have found that some people seem to find it easier to think about a mid-point review rather than two shorter Sprints. I find this very strange.

      I believe this idea probably comes from the original Scrum saying that a Sprint is 30 days and some think that is too long to go without some sort of more formal 'howgozit' review.
    • strazhce
      Message 87 of 87 , May 4, 2011
        Hi, Adam,

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...> wrote:

        > In my opinion it is not the responsibility of the coach to do these things
        > per se. Rather, an experienced coach can help guide an organization to do
        > these things successfully based on his experience.
        >
        > You don't hire sherpas to climb the mountain for you. You hire them for
        > their knowledge of the terrain and its various perils so that *you* can
        > climb the mountain in relative safety. A coach is a very similar thing.
        >
        > Also similarly, the ultimate success or failure of the expedition is not the
        > sole responsibility of the sherpa, but most experienced climbers recognize
        > that it is irresponsible to proceed without his assistance.
        > On May 3, 2011 5:30 AM, "strazhce" <infobox.oleg@...> wrote:

        So if I start using Scrum/Agile/whatever without coach, I undertake a risk of doing it wrong. If I hire a coach/mentor, I pay for avoiding most common mistakes other people made and speeding up my change, for opening my eyes to see things I wouldn't come across otherwise. It seems similar to taking or not taking personal/career coach.

        Ok, I've thought about some implications (http://www.agileskillsproject.com/collected-knowledge/ideas-to-refine/hiring-agile-coach). My main concern is trusting the coach, but it is a different topic.

        Thanks Adam.

        Oleg