Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Metaphors Required: Sustainable Pace (and other practices) for Startups

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2011
      Peter,

      Since this is a startup, I'd be interested to know if the overtime developers are compensated with some sort of profit sharing or other bonus compensation if the company performs well.

      If they are bonus compensated, then I think you're pretty well stuck, because developers are going to want to act like they're helping the company (even though that may or may not be true).

      If they're not bonus compensated, then I think that your best developers are going to flee the startup and "strongly encouraged" overtime, and that's not good news for a startup.

      Unfortunately I don't have much more data for you.

      -------
      Charles Bradley, CSM, PSM I
      Experienced Scrum Coach