Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum for research projects

  • Maurice le Rutte
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2011
      I wonder whether Scrum, or any of the other Agile frameworks, is really applicable to pure research. Scrum is comfortable in the complex domain, where research should take place in the chaotic domain.

      Maurice.

      Op 10-4-2011 05:49, suma_s_shamanna schreef:

      Hi All,

      I am trying to understand how Scrum can be applied effectively for research-based projects where there is no defined end result. These are the projects that may or may not produce immediate, measurable results. For example, everyday's progress could be something like evaluating technology A, reading a technical paper B etc., But, the third day, we might come back and say that technology A and paper B are inadequate and we are now evaluating paper B. Does that mean the burndown chart goes back to what we started.

      Appreciate your thoughts.

      Thanks,
      --Suma Shamanna

      --