Re: [scrumdevelopment] REQUEST: Any good Scrum Excel templates?

  • Wouter Lagerweij
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 2, 2011
      Hi Naeem,

      I've created this (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtxqnZUvm_UjdHZiSkc0X0xqTzZ1ZWRtcmlXdjRrVnc&hl=en) sheet to collect sprint statistics and do release planning.

      As others have mentioned, a spreadsheet is not a very good information radiator, and it makes sense to keep the amount of data tracked limited to that which you actually use. So this is only for keeping track of sprint statistics easily, and to do simple forecasting with a release burndown graph.

      In this sheet, I only track the number of points planned and finished, and unplanned items coming in. The number of tasks is also in there, but according to my comment above, should probably be removed.

      Release planning is very basic, simply projecting an end sprint based on average, pessimistic and optimistic numbers (calculated using a 95% confidence zone, which is also graphed). You have to keep track of how many points are left in the release backlog manually in the tab for release planning, and it could do with a little extra work to keep track of stories being added to the backlog. But it works for me:-)

      hth,

      Wouter

      On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Naeem Randhawa <naeem@...> wrote:

      Hello;

      I’m in the process of coming up with a definitive Excel Scrum spreadsheet I’d like to use on my projects going forth. I have some, and have also scoured the web – and have not really come up with anything that I really like.

      I’d like to ask if anyone has any “battle-tested” worksheets, they wouldn’t mind sharing with me? I’d love to see how practitioners are using it.

      Thanks in advance!

      Naeem Randhawa, CSM, PMP (in progress)

      IT Engagement Manager | KPMG, BearingPoint

      214-810-1231  |  naeem@...  |

      PM/ IT/ Social Commerce Blog:  www.SocialCurb.com

    • Wouter Lagerweij