Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How to make small tasks when rewriting the application

  • Mark Levison
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011
      On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 7:02 AM, kfsving <kjetil.svingen-austestad@...> wrote:

      Thanks for the links!
      This is arguments I need to have and understand when discussing with the team how we can split the stories.
      I am not a experienced developer, so I need to trust the team when they say it's not splittable. But I have a feeling it is splittable, but the developer think its more comfortable to do it the "old way".

      I should add that any time a team member tells me that they can't work in two week cycles/sprints I offer to help solve the problem. We will use one week sprints, get really good at splitting stories in one week sprints and decide if we want to scale backup from there.

      In addition to the Story Splitting problem, I would be willing to bet that there is still a fairly big separation between Development and QA resulting in handoffs and Scrummerfall.

      Cheers
      Mark Levison

      MarkMark Levison | Agile Pain Relief Consulting | Certified Scrum Trainer
      Agile Editor @ InfoQ | Blog | Twitter | Office: (613) 862-2538
      Recent Entries:
      Story Slicing How Small is Small Enough, Why use an Agile Coach