Re: [scrumdevelopment] SCRUM and FixedPrice contracts

  • Kiran
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2011
      Ram,

      >>>Normally companies do not like the client to know all
      these things if it is a fixed price contract

      This is where people screw the Agile FP projects, this is against the principle of relationship management.FP projects are more of Relationship management than work that needs to done.I have NDA else I would have given you a list of failures where agile FP projects have tanked just because client did not have trust on the team which is working on projects.

      Its more of information sharing and wining trust than anything else.If you dont share, expect other side to be more violent and viewing you and your team with suspicion.
      What harm do you think its going to do to your company if you share how many resources are working and their profiles etc etc..?

      - Kiran Badi

      On 2/16/2011 7:43 AM, kaundinya_ram wrote:

      Hi,

      One of the questions my boss asked during scrum presentation is how scrum fits int to the fixed price contracts.

      Scrum mandates that the ProductOwner should know the effort required and also the resources who are going to work on the product backlog. But in fixed price contracts, the client does not need to know the effort involved or how many resources are going to work on the project. Normally companies do not like the client to know all these things if it is a fixed price contract.

      Can anyone tell me how scrum fits in fixed price contracts?

      Regards
      Ram

      --
      With Regards,