Re: Scrum And XP

  • Henrik Kniberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2011
      Hi! If it's just you it should be quite simple. :o)

      You could use a scaled-down process like this:

      - Create an initial product backlog using a pile of index cards.
      - Release a new version every day, based on a whatever backlog items
      you finished that day.
      - Involve users from the beginning (I assume you're not the only
      user?), let them use the system as soon as you achieve a minimum
      usable state.
      - Arrange for a weekly meeting or conference call with the users. Use
      their feedback to guide your priorities for the upcoming week.
      - Use XP practices to keep the code clean and automate all routine
      tasks (such as the daily release).

      I've created several simple apps in this way. Quite enjoyable & OK quality.

      Of course, the best would probably be to find a buddy to pair with.
      That will probably lead to better design & more fun.

      /Henrik

      --
      Henrik Kniberg
      http://www.crisp.se/henrik.kniberg