RE: [scrumdevelopment] Scheduling Defect Fixes

  • Roy Morien
    Message 1 of 347 , Feb 1, 2011
      The problem with this, Ron, is that you said this after nearly 2 weeks of disagreement and argument.

      It kinda leaves me standing feeling a little bewildered ... the child's nursery rhyme about the Grand Old Duke of York comes to mind:

      The Grand Old Duke of York,
      He had ten thousand men,
      He marched them up to the top of the hill,
      and he marched them down again.

      Yeah?

      Regards,
      Roy Morien

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: ronjeffries@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 05:24:47 -0500
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scheduling Defect Fixes

      Hello, Roy.

      Perhaps you found what I wrote unclear? Let's review: I proposed
      four steps to handling a defect:

      1. Do not beat yourselves up ...
      2. Analyze root cause of each defect ...
      3. Devise ways to eliminate this kind of problem ...
      4. Place in backlog, estimating if you care to.

      Which ones of those were unclear to you? With which ones do you
      disagree?

      Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle.
      -- Bruce Lee

    • Vikrama Dhiman
      Message 347 of 347 , Feb 2, 2011
        >>It (and the length of this thread) is a great illustration of why I recommend that teams not get too wrapped up in estimation. They start looking for numerical precision, and that starts consuming the energy that could be put toward accomplish goals.

        Although, this is not Twitter. I really want to do a +1.

        Echoes my thoughts completely. Won't have been able to put it better myself.

        Thanks

        Vikrama Dhiman
        Personal Blog : http://www.vikramadhiman.com/
        My Blog about all things Agile : http://agilediary.wordpress.com/