RE: [scrumdevelopment] Scheduling Defect Fixes

  • Roy Morien
    Message 1 of 347 , Feb 1, 2011
      Oh, all quite clear and straightforward, and in no way in disagreement with my view, so I just have to wonder where the controversy is that has caused such a long, and sometimes very argumentative and almost bitter discussion.

      Item 4 is where I have suggested that we make a User Story of a defect, place it in the backlog, estimate it if you care to (by giving it Story Points). Items 1, 2 and 3 have never been in dispute, or at least, have never been diagreed with or contradicted in anything I have said.

      Regards,
      Roy Morien

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: ronjeffries@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 05:24:47 -0500
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scheduling Defect Fixes

      Hello, Roy.

      Perhaps you found what I wrote unclear? Let's review: I proposed
      four steps to handling a defect:

      1. Do not beat yourselves up ...
      2. Analyze root cause of each defect ...
      3. Devise ways to eliminate this kind of problem ...
      4. Place in backlog, estimating if you care to.

      Which ones of those were unclear to you? With which ones do you
      disagree?

      Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle.
      -- Bruce Lee

    • Vikrama Dhiman
      Message 347 of 347 , Feb 2, 2011
        >>It (and the length of this thread) is a great illustration of why I recommend that teams not get too wrapped up in estimation. They start looking for numerical precision, and that starts consuming the energy that could be put toward accomplish goals.

        Although, this is not Twitter. I really want to do a +1.

        Echoes my thoughts completely. Won't have been able to put it better myself.

        Thanks

        Vikrama Dhiman
        Personal Blog : http://www.vikramadhiman.com/
        My Blog about all things Agile : http://agilediary.wordpress.com/