Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scheduling Defect Fixes

  • Paul Hudson
    Message 1 of 347 , Feb 1, 2011
      On 1 February 2011 14:17, Roy Morien <roymorien@...> wrote:
      count the effort in the team's ability to deliver stuff?

      I think this is the heart of it. I think Ron and Roy aren't disagreeing as much as they're talking about different measures.

      Roy says you have to account for everything the team will actually do, whether that's a defect or a new feature, when, for instance, working out how much can be done in a sprint. This is a measure of efficiency.

      Ron says you should account only for things that add value (features) when working out the value of what can be delivered from a sprint. This is a measure of effectiveness.

      Both are useful (and I'd probably track both). Looking at how they differ (i.e. how much rework is going on) is a good thing to monitor, and (I think) both are agreeing the ideal result is when all the time is being spent on features.
    • Vikrama Dhiman
      Message 347 of 347 , Feb 2, 2011
        >>It (and the length of this thread) is a great illustration of why I recommend that teams not get too wrapped up in estimation. They start looking for numerical precision, and that starts consuming the energy that could be put toward accomplish goals.

        Although, this is not Twitter. I really want to do a +1.

        Echoes my thoughts completely. Won't have been able to put it better myself.

        Thanks

        Vikrama Dhiman
        Personal Blog : http://www.vikramadhiman.com/
        My Blog about all things Agile : http://agilediary.wordpress.com/