Re: [scrumdevelopment] Tracking UI/UX Resource Stories/Tasks

  • Charles Bradley - Scrum Coach, CSM, PSM I
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2011

      > In the second case (working during Sprint X for work to be developed in
      Sprint Y) should we create a story, assign story points and create tasks for the current Sprint?

      Assuming that you're avoiding as much big up front design as possible, here is my opinion on your question.

      What you describe, based only on the information you gave us, is not a User Story, IMO.  When that "story" is done at the end of the sprint, it does not contain functionality(i.e. added new value) in the system that is valuable to your customer.

      As such, no story and no story points.

      However, handling it as a task or set of tasks and scheduling it into the sprint is fine.

      It should be noted though, that your UX person should work very closely with the PO, because technically the requirements/acceptance tests for the story to be delivered in the future might change between the time the UX person does her design task and the time the Story is accepted into a sprint.  Basically, you need to mitigate the "upfront design" risk.

      Does that answer your question?

      Charles