RE: Should I assign Story Points to bugs

  • Adrian Wible
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2011
      I recommend against estimating effort for bugs. My reasoning is a bit different from what I've seen so far though.

      I find that the bulk of the effort with bugs is in diagnosing the problem. Once you've figured out the issue, the fix is usually simple. You can't estimate until you've figured out the issue, and so any estimate must be made after bulk of the effort is expended.

      - Adrian