Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Using MediaWiki as an Agile/Scrum management system?

  • Robin Dymond
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2011
      Hi Alex,

      Yes, I have used media wiki on multiple occasions and it works fine. You trade off some time using tedious formatting, however the versioning, wiki's open to anyone to edit design are big strengths. Another benefit is wiki's pages vs. documents in a repository. The information is visible immediately, links, images, background files can all be uploaded and embedded in a page.

      For Product backlogs I prefer a google spreadsheet document over a wiki because column and row formatting and list management is much easier, and the collaboration can still happen in real time.

      cheers,
      Robin.

      Robin Dymond, CST
      Managing Partner, Innovel, LLC.
      www.innovel.net
      www.scrumtraining.com
      Americas: (804) 239-4329
      Europe: +32 489 674 366

      On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 2:48 PM, charles_bradley_scrum_coach <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      I've had success with a team that used a vanilla Wiki for User Stories(Title/Conversation Notes/Acceptance tests)/Product Backlog Items, which I think is an excellent choice.

      The only other tracking tool that team used was a Scrum Board with 3 X 5 index cards. (One color for story cards, another color for task cards). We also hand drew the Sprint Burndown.

      It was simple and all worked quite well.

      Charles