Re: Swarming, I just don't get it.

  • agilejedi
    Message 1 of 62 , Jan 3, 2011
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Jussi Mononen <agilepoodle@...> wrote:
      > Hi AJ,
      >
      > to me your outburst sounds, well, overcomplicated.

      It is overcomplicated, but really it is ill defined. Swarming was introduced to me as an approach that is superior and shows maturity and that everyone works on one story until it is done. Sounded wrong to me. Like there was no association of the activity to a goal of delivering. Just showing off how well we can work together. Who are we showing off to? I don't know.
      Message 62 of 62 , Jan 7, 2011
        Hello, Seyit.

        Very well put! Thanks!

        On Friday, January 7, 2011, at 6:17:36 AM, you
        wrote:

        > Wouldn't you think if team used swarming "in a right fashion" (what ever it
        > is):

        > 1. Majorty might learn how to read the syntax of generics,
        > 2. "The vocal, big mouthed, team idiot", might realize he's not the boss and
        > should get well with the whole team or he needs to get the .... out,
        > 3. The lesser mind can learn something from the better one.

        > My team doesn't use swarming and also I don't have any first hand experience
        > on that. But considering the examples you have, and definition of swarming,
        > it seems actually teams you describe might give it a try.

        > Proposition 1: Two minds are always better than one, if they are combined in
        > the right fashion. So you might be doing it wrong.
        > Proposition 2: Given two minds, it's not proven there exists a pattern to
        > find which one is better. So it doesn't matter if one is better than the
        > other.

        Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to
        accept what I can't and the incapacity to tell the difference. --Calvin and Hobbes