Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Swarming, I just don't get it.

    Message 1 of 62 , Jan 3, 2011
      Hello, agilejedi. On Monday, January 3, 2011, at 4:40:57 PM, you
      wrote:

      >> Does your team often get to the end of an iteration with more than one
      >> story unfinished? Then they will probably benefit from swarming. That
      >> simple.

      > Is this the general way to address unfinished stories?

      If you get to the end of an iteration with more than one unfinished
      story, that tells us that people were working on the most important
      of those stories ... and on the least important. It makes us think
      that a little more focus on the most important one might have gotten
      it done.

      I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's;
      I will not reason and compare; my business is to create. --William Blake
      Message 62 of 62 , Jan 7, 2011
        Hello, Seyit.

        Very well put! Thanks!

        On Friday, January 7, 2011, at 6:17:36 AM, you
        wrote:

        > Wouldn't you think if team used swarming "in a right fashion" (what ever it
        > is):

        > 1. Majorty might learn how to read the syntax of generics,
        > 2. "The vocal, big mouthed, team idiot", might realize he's not the boss and
        > should get well with the whole team or he needs to get the .... out,
        > 3. The lesser mind can learn something from the better one.

        > My team doesn't use swarming and also I don't have any first hand experience
        > on that. But considering the examples you have, and definition of swarming,
        > it seems actually teams you describe might give it a try.

        > Proposition 1: Two minds are always better than one, if they are combined in
        > the right fashion. So you might be doing it wrong.
        > Proposition 2: Given two minds, it's not proven there exists a pattern to
        > find which one is better. So it doesn't matter if one is better than the
        > other.

        Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to
        accept what I can't and the incapacity to tell the difference. --Calvin and Hobbes