RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: User Story Examples

  • Roy Morien
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2011
      Ron, you are obfuscating the situation. But let's not give that Mark guy the satisfaction of opening up a verbal tussle again ... it is not that important in the scheme of things.

      Regards,
      Roy Morien

      ps: Damn You, Mark guy!! :)

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: ronjeffries@...
      Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 06:06:07 -0500
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: User Story Examples

      Hello, Roy. On Friday, December 31, 2010, at 12:09:57 AM, you
      wrote:

      > That's odd, Ron, because you wrote it.

      The /written/ part of a user story, which seems to be what the OP is
      asking to see, is a few words on a card.

      The communication of a user story needs to go beyond a few words on
      a card. That does not seem to me to be the current topic.

      There is no award for "being XP". There is an award for doing the
      right combination of practices: success.

    • Roy Morien
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2011
        Oh Yes, and I wish all gathered here a Very Happy, Successful and Prosperous New Year, 2554 ... which is the Buddhist year equal to 2011 ... given I live in Thailand, it is appropriate.

        Regards,
        Roy Morien

        To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
        From: ronjeffries@...
        Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 06:06:07 -0500

        wrote:

        > That's odd, Ron, because you wrote it.

        The /written/ part of a user story, which seems to be what the OP is
        asking to see, is a few words on a card.

        The communication of a user story needs to go beyond a few words on
        a card. That does not seem to me to be the current topic.

        There is no award for "being XP". There is an award for doing the
        right combination of practices: success.

      • charles_bradley_scrum_coach
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 4, 2011
          Ron might have wrote the memo, but I signed it too. Ok, I didn't sign it, but I yell it at the top of my lungs to anyone who asks about User Stories. :-)

          Carlton, I'm sorry I don't have anything to share and I'm super busy right now. It's a dream of mine to one day have a website and/or book with lots of good User Story Examples. I'm currently writing a blog post called "User Story Traps."

          Carlton, *please*, if you are training your folks on User Stories, *please* remind them that a User Story consists of 3 parts. Without any one of them, a team will not yield the full benefits of User Stories. See Ron's memo for the 3 parts.

          btw, Here is Ron's memo:
          http://xprogramming.com/articles/expcardconversationconfirmation/

          Charles Bradley

          > Hello, Roy. On Friday, December 31, 2010, at 12:09:57 AM, you
          > wrote:
          >
          > > That's odd, Ron, because you wrote it.
          >
          > The /written/ part of a user story, which seems to be what the OP is
          > asking to see, is a few words on a card.

        • George Dinwiddie
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 5, 2011
            Carlton,

            On 12/28/10 5:54 PM, banshee858 wrote:
            > I am looking for example user stories for an upcoming training class.
            > I would use some of my own, but I want a variety of examples - good
            > and bad - from different types of products for the participants.
            > Please consider sharing one or two with me on the list or privately
            > via email. Thanks.

            While looking through some notes, I came across
            http://agilecoach.typepad.com/photos/connextra_user_story_2001/connextrastorycard.html