About to run a scrum workshop

  • scrumnoob
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2010
      Hello

      Have been asked to put on a session to brief colleagues on Scrum and how it has been applied to my project, the only Scrum project in a very waterfall organisation.

      My plan is to have 1 session where the participants build a prioritised backlog of stores (learning requirements), have them nominate a product owner who can then prioritise the backlog.

      I take this away and build a release plan of 3 20 minutes sprints that I will present back the following week. Will try and build acceptance critiria and "done/done" concept into the sessions as well as a retro and replanning between the 20 minute sprints.

      Given all that, does anyone have any feedback, thoughts, improvements, gotcha's?

      Sean
    • kris_dus
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2010
        Hi Sean,

        if you want to show your colleagues some lean/agile/scrum principles, maybe you play one of these "games" like building paperplanes through 3 sprints, including planning, retrospective, etc

        I have some links that may help you:
        http://www.hanoulle.be/2010/06/agile-games-google-group/
        http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/10/agile-games
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4-El7gJuZE

        --Chris
        www.scrum-fragen.de
        www.scrum-fragen.de/blog

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "scrumnoob" <scrumnoob@...> wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > Have been asked to put on a session to brief colleagues on Scrum and how it has been applied to my project, the only Scrum project in a very waterfall organisation.
        >
        > My plan is to have 1 session where the participants build a prioritised backlog of stores (learning requirements), have them nominate a product owner who can then prioritise the backlog.
        >
        > I take this away and build a release plan of 3 20 minutes sprints that I will present back the following week. Will try and build acceptance critiria and "done/done" concept into the sessions as well as a retro and replanning between the 20 minute sprints.
        >
        > Given all that, does anyone have any feedback, thoughts, improvements, gotcha's?
        >
        > Sean

      • kris_dus
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2010
          forgot the most important link: