Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How can we realistically get away from wireframes in web-GUI-driven SW products?

  • Mark Levison
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 17, 2010
      On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Doug <dshelton94501@...> wrote:

      In answer to one reponse requesting details - No - these designs are Not propagated to actual code. Nevertheless, It occurs to me I've "made an assumption" that the wireframes are indeed "BUFD"s. Not really sure that can be considered the case - after all, realistically, I don't think using good tools like Photoshop is going to take any longer - when done by a skilled UE designer - than sketching out the design (and having to reiterate much more than if wireframes are created, due to the imprecision in a sketch) in pencil - - - can anyone following these posts make a case otherwise?

      The question about ""don't they already know the design" is a good one - need to investigate that furrther - - -

      A few questions that jump to mind:
      - What benefit do you derive from these wireframes?
      - What do they cost you? Are they a bottleneck? Do they slow you down?
      - If you stopped doing them completely tomorrow what would happen? what would you lose?

      Cheers
      Mark