[ANN] FREE WEBINAR - Splitting User Stories (11/17)

  • donnaareed
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2010
      User Stories have become the bread and butter specifications for an Agile team, yet it is difficult to know how to do a good job of sizing them. In this Webinar we will answer some questions:
      • Why split stories?
      • Why will this make the team go faster?
      • Why is splitting stories by architectural component bad?
      • What is a better way of splitting user stories?

      We will start with a quick review of what user stories are and then learn why large stories often limit your team's progress. Then we will learn how to split them. Along with some examples in the presentation you're invited to come prepared with your own user stories and we will see if we can help you split a few on the fly.

      SPEAKER: Mark Levison has been an Agile practitioner since 2001, introducing Agile methods one practice at a time inside a small team. From 2006 – 2009, as an employee of Cognos, he introduced Scrum to the organization and coached a number of teams. As part of that process he designed a Test Driven Development adoption strategy and introduced of a number of practices to support it.  Mark is now an independant Agile/Scrum Trainer and Coach (Agile Pain Relief Consulting). He has introduced Scrum to a number of organizations including: Export Development Canada, Industry Canada,  A leading payroll and HR services company, Invision Inc – A leading ad planning provider for the media industry.  Mark is also an Agile Editor at InfoQ and has written dozens of articles on Agile topics and publishes a blog – Notes from a Tool User.

      PDU: 1 *** all who register will get a link to the recording ***
      COST: Free

      RESERVE YOUR SEAT at:  http://www.agilistapm.com/splitting-user-stories/

    • sankar subramanian
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2010
        Splitting the stories is to breaking the points which are 20 points and made it as a separte story.
        This will make the team to concentrate fully on one particular story with some valuable points rather than more points.

        On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:04 AM, donnaareed <donna@...> wrote:

        User Stories have become the bread and butter specifications for an Agile team, yet it is difficult to know how to do a good job of sizing them. In this Webinar we will answer some questions:

        • Why split stories?
        • Why will this make the team go faster?
        • Why is splitting stories by architectural component bad?
        • What is a better way of splitting user stories?

        We will start with a quick review of what user stories are and then learn why large stories often limit your team's progress. Then we will learn how to split them. Along with some examples in the presentation you're invited to come prepared with your own user stories and we will see if we can help you split a few on the fly.

        1SPEAKER: Mark Levison has been an Agile practitioner since 2001, introducing Agile methods one practice at a time inside a small team. From 2006 – 2009, as an employee of Cognos, he introduced Scrum to the organization and coached a number of teams. As part of that process he designed a Test Driven Development adoption strategy and introduced of a number of practices to support it.  Mark is now an independant Agile/Scrum Trainer and Coach (Agile Pain Relief Consulting). He has introduced Scrum to a number of organizations including: Export Development Canada, Industry Canada,  A leading payroll and HR services company, Invision Inc – A leading ad planning provider for the media industry.  Mark is also an Agile Editor at InfoQ and has written dozens of articles on Agile topics and publishes a blog – Notes from a Tool User.