Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Use Cases?

  • Charles Bradley - Scrum Coach, CSM, PSM I
    Message 1 of 73 , Nov 9, 2010
      "Oh, I'm sorry, when I said I wanted it to 'take off like a helicopter,' I meant 'take off like a helicopter from a warzone, where we can carry troops and equipment.'

      And there's the rub.  The devil is in the details, and sometimes those details means we're off the mark (Harrier vs. Osprey) or things take much longer than anticipated (Osprey).

      Someone else made a point here recently about how it's extremely important to a) get to the details, by having the CEO appoint a point person and b) make sure you loop in the CEO iteratively and intelligently (respecting his time) so he can head off any incorrect interpretation of his vision.

      I'm not against vision, but a vision is not a "software requirement".  Further, a vision is not easily testable, nor is a business requirement, because they often lack the key ingredient of system behavior that you can test against.

      Charles

      Hello, PSM. On Monday, November 8, 2010, at 4:09:51 PM, you wrote:

      > "I want a plane, that also can take off like a helicopter. You guys/gals are
      > smart people, so you can do that, right?"

      Harrier

      Without practice, no emergence. -- Dougen Zenji

    • Charles Bradley - Scrum Coach, CSM, PSM I