Introducing Knowsy - a Choice Modeling Research Game

  • Luke Hohmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2010
      Dear Friends -
      Many of you know about Innovation Games® - a set of serious games that companies like Cisco, SAP, Reed Elsevier, and Carfax are using to collaborate with customers and employees to better understand their needs. The games have been used to improve holistic design thinking, discover new business opportunities, drive strategy and product road map decisions, improve the effectiveness of sales and service organizations, fine tune marketing messages, and create more intimate, durable relationships with your customers.

      We have recently created Knowsy, our first direct-to-consumer game on the iPad platform. Knowsy is the first game that let's you determine how well you know your friends, your family, and your co-workers - while simultaneously testing how well they know you! The person who knows the other players the best wins the game.

      Knowsy is simple, fun to play, and very revealing. We've tested the game with adults, with children as young as five years old, and with people from different cultures. All enjoy playing the game. Right now, our development roadmap is focused on extending Knowsy into a contest engine and adding even more social play options (e.g., a "friendship leader board"), as well as bringing license holders on board, to incorporate real-world brands (such as your favorite flavor of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream) into the experience of playing Knowsy.

      Perhaps more importantly, Knowsy is an example of where I think serious games are headed: the seamless integration of game and game mechanics that produce a very serious result. In addition to being a very fun game, Knowsy is a serious market research platform that companies can use to assess market preferences. By playing Knowsy with your customers and stakeholders, you can convert prioritization exercises into fun games.

      I encourage you to give Knowsy a play!

      Luke Hohmann
      CEO, The Innovation Games® Company
      821 W. El Camino Real