Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How to choose the 'Role' correctly?

  • Kevin Krac
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 15, 2010
      Thanks Charles!

      On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:04 PM, charles_bradley_scrum_coach <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      All,

      I wrote:

      > Where the formalized story template falls down, IMO, is when the functionality is wanted by /someone else/ other than the end user. This happens quite often, and we either need to figure out a way to represent this information(the user/purchaser, the want, the benefit) using the formalized template, or figure out a different way of capturing the information altogether(maybe in the conversation?), because it tends to be important.

      I posted a question on Mike Cohn's blog about this issue and I got a response.

      http://blog.mountaingoatsoftware.com/advantages-of-the-as-a-user-i-want-user-story-template#comments
      (Scroll to the bottom)

      A good user story can be about any stakeholder of the system. And the story can just as easily be something other than "want" as in "As a shopper, I am shown complementary products when I start to check out." Or, "As a user, I am forced to change my password every 90 days." So not all stories need "want" in them.
      </snip>