Re: [agileindia] Re: [scrumdevelopment] KRA's for an Agile Coach

  • Hariprakash Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2010
      Hi Manoj,

      I agree with you. I also have strong CMMi background and I said in comparison to that. Agile is certainly not as heavy as CMMi on metrics side.

      What we measure, drives behavior in an organization and I say this as I have come across so many types of measures being organization wide metrics coordinator in one of the large organization. I am all for code quality (or product quality) measures however I wish that these measures / metrics are handled in mature way.

      What can be mature way? Lets take one analogy that we are having a puppet show and puppet master is handling more than 10 strings to manage a splendid show. Consider each string as one metric. Now, puppet master (or management) should know when to pull which string, how much to pull, what strength to be used to pull/push the strings, etc to manage a splendid show (or high performing culture).

      In nutshell, Measures can be used and as well, be misused.

      Hariprakash Agrawal (Hari),
      http://opcord.com - OpCord provides services in the areas of Manual / Automated Testing using QTP, Selenium, JUnit, AutoIT, Sahi, NUnit, VB/Java Script etc and Consulting / Trainings on Agile, CMMi, Six Sigma, Project Management, Software Engineering etc.
      About me: http://www.linkedin.com/in/hariprakash

      On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:43 AM, K G, MANOJ [AG/8042] <manoj.k.g@...> wrote:

      Hi Hari,

      I am curious to know why you felt that Agile is not fond of metrics. I always felt Agile is all about metrics J . IMHO the difference lies in what we want to measure and how we are going to use it. For an example Code coverage may be a good measure for your point number 7(To deploy unit testing for all components). It may be an indicator for your project health, but using it as your project success criteria could be dangerous.

      -Manoj