Re: Why does Scrum has a role for PO?

  • banshee858
    Message 1 of 44 , Oct 1, 2010

      > ScrumMaster also could be a single point of "control"?

      ...but the ScrumMaster has no authority. They are only responsible for the process being used correctly and removing the impediments to self-organization.

      Again, asking the SM to fill the role of PO will unbalance the framework. As Ron has said earlier, what you are describing might very well work, but is not Scrum.

      Carlton
    • Don MacIntyre
      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 5, 2010
        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "gregc" <greg@...> wrote:
        >You must have some great stories to tell. Have you ever written any of it down?

        Hi Greg, Thanks. No, I have not found the time to do any writing but it is certainly something I'd love to find time for.

        (But then if I was really writing I wouldn't be able to start sentences with 'but' and end with prepositions. ;)

        -don
        http://www.scrumalliance.org/profiles/26043-don-macintyre