Re: Why does Scrum has a role for PO?

  • banshee858
    Message 1 of 44 , Oct 1, 2010

      > I agree that the system belongs to the user. I meant whatever the PO does, the team can do
      > it. They could have the domain knowledge and not necessarily over-development.

      Yes, the Team could fill the role, but then we violate some key principles of Scrum.

      Accountability - who is responsible for the business outcomes?
      Focus - asking the Team to both produce the product and build relationships with the stakeholders & understand the business domain causes too much distraction
      Feedback - there are two feedback cycles in Scrum. One informs us about the product and the technology and other tells us about the business and the problem domain. Removing the PO increases the feedback loop on the business side.

      Carlton
    • Don MacIntyre
      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 5, 2010
        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "gregc" <greg@...> wrote:
        >You must have some great stories to tell. Have you ever written any of it down?

        Hi Greg, Thanks. No, I have not found the time to do any writing but it is certainly something I'd love to find time for.

        (But then if I was really writing I wouldn't be able to start sentences with 'but' and end with prepositions. ;)

        -don
        http://www.scrumalliance.org/profiles/26043-don-macintyre