Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Why does Scrum has a role for PO?

    Message 1 of 44 , Sep 30, 2010
      Hello, Peter. On Thursday, September 30, 2010, at 2:43:22 PM, you
      wrote:

      >> But you said /product manager/. Yes, the /company/ might have a
      >> Product Manager. As you say, most do ...
      >>
      > Oops! My mistake. So your comments now make much more sense.

      Actually, I'd argue that they made sense all along ... :)

      >> ... what I see more often is that the Product Manager has many
      >> outside responsibilities, marketing, sales interfacing, customer
      >> contact, and more, which is already a full-time job. The result,
      >> often, is that the PO job is too much for the real PM ... and again,
      >> it gets delegated.
      >>
      > Where does it get delegated to? I have mostly seen it in the development
      > organization, rather than staying in the business organization....

      Yes, that's what I most commonly see as well ... this sets up an
      inherent communications bottleneck and leads to trouble on several
      dimensions.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      If not now, when? -- The Talmud
    • Don MacIntyre
      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 5, 2010
        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "gregc" <greg@...> wrote:
        >You must have some great stories to tell. Have you ever written any of it down?

        Hi Greg, Thanks. No, I have not found the time to do any writing but it is certainly something I'd love to find time for.

        (But then if I was really writing I wouldn't be able to start sentences with 'but' and end with prepositions. ;)

        -don
        http://www.scrumalliance.org/profiles/26043-don-macintyre