Why does Scrum has a role for PO?

  • brian_bofu
    Message 1 of 44 , Sep 28, 2010
      Scrum team is cross-functional and self-managed. Why it's not the team itself decide what needs to be built (product backlog) and on what sequence (prioritize on business value)? why the team should make commitment to the PO instead of setting the goal for themselves and review the status by themselves? Why Scrum define a separate role for PO?
    • Don MacIntyre
      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 5, 2010
        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "gregc" <greg@...> wrote:
        >You must have some great stories to tell. Have you ever written any of it down?

        Hi Greg, Thanks. No, I have not found the time to do any writing but it is certainly something I'd love to find time for.

        (But then if I was really writing I wouldn't be able to start sentences with 'but' and end with prepositions. ;)

        -don
        http://www.scrumalliance.org/profiles/26043-don-macintyre