Re: [scrumdevelopment] How to make decisions at last responsible moment

  • Adam Sroka
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010

      > OK. I do agree that it was contentious. I find defining something in the negative to be a little difficult to follow, sometimes.

      Fair enough. So, let me try again:

      The way that Chris Matts explains it, when you make a decision you are
      either right or wrong. However, you don't always have all of the
      information to know which it's going to be. However, you can choose
      not to make a decision until you have more information. Thus you are
      keeping the option open. Lean suggests that the default position
      should be to keep all options open as long as possible.

      Most options will eventually expire. So, you should endeavor to know
      when that will happen. The last responsible moment is the last
      opportunity to make the right decision before the option expires.