Re: [scrumdevelopment] Template of task breakdown for a user story

  • George Dinwiddie
    Message 1 of 204 , Sep 1, 2010
      Ilja, et al,

      On 9/2/10 12:43 AM, Ilja Preuß wrote:

      > In my experience, it just happens naturally that a team comes up with a
      > set of standard tasks that they think of for every story, and that is a
      > good thing.

      In my experience, when teams come up with a set of standard tasks,
      they're reinforcing the phases and silos of their prior software
      development methods. They'll have tasks like
      gui
      database
      middle tier
      testing
      Having this set of standard tasks (whether provided to them, or chosen
      by themselves), inhibits their thinking (as Dan mentions). It's an
      impediment to learning how to divide the work into functional slices
      instead of architectural and phase tasks.

      - George

    • Roy Morien
      Message 204 of 204 , Sep 25, 2010
        We appear to have lost traction on this thread.  Is it to be continued. I know I was very interested in how it was going so far. Very instructive to me.

        Regards,
        Roy Morien