Re: [scrumdevelopment] Getting to the question behind the question

  • Alan Dayley
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hey, just found a better list of case studies on Mark Levinson's blog:

      Alan

      On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Alan Dayley <alandd@...> wrote:
      I agree that there is more to this question than will be satisfied by a direct answer.  At least, that is my experience with this question.

      First, a single, direct answer: http://danube.com/docs/case_studies/Intel_case_study.pdf

      My question for this question is usually something like:

      "Scrum has been tried and works in many companies.  Do you think it won't work at your company?  Why?"

      The person asking usually has personal objections or has thought of how Scrum might fail at their company, so they are looking for reassurance.  Or they are looking for "proof" that they can then shoot holes in to show it won't work.

      It is better the address the fear than to cover it with white papers.

      Alan

      On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Malcolm Anderson <malcolm.b.anderson@...> wrote:

      I'm coaching in a Fortune 500 company, and I had someone ask something
      to the effect of, "where has Scrum worked?"

      I didn't have a good answer. More importantly, I didn't have a good
      question for that.

      My gut feeling is that this wasn't the real question.

      Here are my questions

      1) How should I have answered that?

      2) Does anyone know of an accessible list of big visible places where
      "Scrum has worked" ?

      Thanks

      Malcolm

    • Malcolm Anderson