Re: [scrumdevelopment] Template of task breakdown for a user story

  • Maurice le Rutte
    Message 1 of 204 , Sep 1, 2010
      Is it a bad idea to have a standard set  of 'reminder' tasks or this instance of tasks as defined by the blog post?

      We have used several standard tasks in our breakdown too, as in 'update the release notes', 'update test script','test on integrated hardware'. We didn't write them down, but we knew we had to do them and when making the sprint planning we added them. Mostly somebody would remark as 'and of course we have to do...'.

      The risk of process replacing thinking is only if people who get coached/trained by Hiren go back to their teams and say 'I have learned that we should do the following tasks...'. But for that I'd actually have to be present at a training session and follow a client around.

      Maurice le Rutte.

      Op 1-9-2010 18:15, Dan Rawsthorne schreef:

      I think that this is probably a bad idea, as it structures the work,
      rather than let the team self-organize around the work. I have the same
      problem with talk boards with a lot of columns - trying to let process
      replace thinking. It's an interesting problem...

      Dan Rawsthorne, PhD, CST
      Senior Trainer/Coach, CollabNet
      drawsthorne@..., 425-269-8628

      Hiren Doshi wrote:

      --
      http://www.scrummaster.nl / http://twitter.com/scrumnl
    • Roy Morien
      Message 204 of 204 , Sep 25, 2010
        We appear to have lost traction on this thread.  Is it to be continued. I know I was very interested in how it was going so far. Very instructive to me.

        Regards,
        Roy Morien