Re: lack of pre-project phase

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 66 , Oct 9, 2004
      Ken's CSM course does cover Scrum pre-project steps - at different
      levels of detail for different situations: New Unfunded Projects, New
      Funded Projects, Ongoing Projects, Fixed Price/Fixed Date Projects. In
      my copy of the methodology book, these are grouped under the title
      "planning" which occurs before the first Sprint Planning meeting.

      > On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:22:32 -0700, todd <todd@p...> wrote:
      >
      > > The lack of a pre-project phase in all the methodologies is major
      lack
      > > in my mind.
      >
      > I would not say this is true of Jim Highsmith's APM. Do others agree
      > or have a different view?
      >
      > This could be an interesting discussion thread in its own right. What
      > do you do wtih the work before a project starts or is funded?

      > Alistair Cockburn
      > President, Humans and Technology
      >
      > Phone: 801.582-3162
      > 1814 E. Fort Douglas Circle, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
      > _mailto_ (http://mailto/) : acockburn@a...
      > _http://alistair.cockburn.us/_ (http://alistair.cockburn.us/)
      >
      > Author of
      > "Surviving Object-Oriented Projects" (1998)
      > "Writing Effective Use Cases" (Jolt Productivity Award 2001)
      > "Agile Software Development" (Jolt Productivity Award 2002)
      >
      > "La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien a ajouter,
      > mais quand il ne reste rien a enlever." (Saint-Exupery)
    • Deb
      Message 66 of 66 , Oct 9, 2004