[ANN] ACCU 2011 Conference Call for Proposals

  • Giovanni Asproni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2010
      Call for Proposals - ACCU 2011
      April 13-16, 2011. Barcelo Oxford Hotel, Oxford, UK
      Submission deadline: 26th of September 2010
      Email proposals to: Giovanni Asproni, conference@...
      http://www.accu.org/conference
      twitter: @accu2011 #accu2011

      We invite you to propose a session for this leading software
      development conference.

      We have a long tradition of high quality sessions covering
      many aspects of software development, from programming languages
      (e.g., Java, C#, Python, Erlang, Haskell, Ruby, Groovy, C, C++, etc.),
      and technologies (libraries, frameworks, databases, etc.) to subjects
      about the wider development environment such as testing, architecture
      and design, development process, analysis, patterns, project
      management, and softer aspects such as team building, communication
      and leadership.

      Sessions may be either tutorial-based, presentations of case studies, or
      take the form of interactive workshops. We are always open to novel formats, so
      please contact us with your idea.
      The standard length of a session is 90 minutes, with some exceptions.
      In order to allow less experienced speakers to speak at
      the conference without the pressure of filling a full 90 minutes, we
      reserve a number of shorter 45 minute sessions.

      If you would like to run a session please let us know by emailing your
      proposals to conference@... by the 26th of September 2010 at the latest.
      Please include the following to support your proposal:

      * Title (a working title if necessary)
      * Type (tutorial, workshop, case study, etc.)
      * Duration (45/90 min)
      * Speaker name(s)
      * Speaker biography (max 150 words)
      * Description (approx 250 words)

      Proposals about specific products and technologies will be taken under
      consideration only if they are open source and available for free (at least for
      non-commercial use). If you are interested in talking about a proprietary
      technology, there is the possibility of "sponsored sessions" which are
      presented outside the standard conference schedule. Please, email
      conference@... for more information.

      If you are interested in knowing more about the conference you may
      like to consult the website for previous years' editions at
      http://www.accu.org/conference for background information.

      Speakers running one or more full 90 minute sessions receive a
      special conference package including free attendance, and assistance
      with their travel and accommodation costs. Speakers filling
      a 45 minute slot qualify for free conference attendance on the day of
      their session.

      The conference has always benefited from the strength of its
      programme. Please help us make 2011 another successful event.

      Giovanni Asproni
      Conference Chair