Just returned from Agile NCR 2010

  • Anurag
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2010
      NCR or National Capital Region of India is a combination of three mega cities - New Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida. This region is host to more than 400 software development and BPO companies engaged in offshore and domestic IT services. Offshore IT is a big business in this region.
      Last weekend we organised our annual event AgileNCR 2010. A turnout of close to 300 people on a hot and humid weekend in Gurgaon for this annual event on Agile software development was a clear signal about the growing interest in Agile, SCRUM and XP in India. Agile practitioners from all over the India interacted with people that included roles such as project managers, teachers, students, developers and testers, at Ansal Institute of Technology located in Gurgaon.
      We do, we learn, we give leanings back to the community for further refinement. This is the central idea behind Agile NCR platform. Since past 4 years, we had opportunity to host the Thought Leaders such as Poppendiecks, Venkat and Michael Feathers, and top Agile consultants such as Sanjiv Augustine and Nilay Oza for our community events. If you did not attend these events in your neighborhood then this is the good time to get involved.

      Few Blogs on Agile NCR are here:
      http://bit.ly/cIvpuq
      http://cyrilgupta.com/?p=464

      Agenda:
      http://bit.ly/cs03lX

      Presentations have been uploaded here:
      http://bit.ly/bPM7yw

      Next AgileNCR has been planned in Feb 2011 however we will have small community events from time to time as we did in the past. We do this event with a very small budget where our entire budget is equivalent to five full tickets for Agile conferences in Europe or US. We are happy to see that we are able to reach out to a large number of people.

      Best regards,

      Anurag Shrivastava

      AgileNCR