[scrumdevelopment] RE: Scrum meeting reporting

  • Michael Vizdos
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2004
      Ron,

      Are you their manager (or have something to do with the "reporting
      structure") in addition to being Scrum Master?

      Thank you,

      - Mike Vizdos
      CSM
      Ronin International, Inc. (www.ronin-intl.com)

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2004
        yes, I am their manager and Scrum master.

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Vizdos"

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2004
          Ron,

          Being the manager and Scrum Master for a team can make a huge difference in
          the perception of how Scrum is implemented by the team, especially if you
          are just converting from a command-and-control methodology. We have seen
          this in organizations we have worked with in the past.

          Mike Cohn presented some good options for you under the assumption that you
          were in fact their manager. Other options include maybe mentoring someone
          else on the team to become the Scrum Master or even temporarily bringing in
          someone from the outside (if you deem it necessary to break some cultural
          barriers) to help with the transition.

          Thank you,

          - Mike Vizdos
          CSM